NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Monday, March 16, 2009

ANOTHER INTERESTING BOOK


What a pleasant surprise that I discovered this book because I had never heard of this guy before, this Greg Mortenson. (I guess I haven't been reading newspapers or watching the morning talk shows because I don't know how I missed this story.) This is a brilliantly written book about the true real life experiences of a real person; this "Dr. Greg" as they call him in Pakastan. This guy really did with his life what very few are willing or crazy enough to do or experience. He actually gave up a "real" life to be the masculine personification of a type of Mother Theresa, and that is not an overstatement in the least. He has single-handedly, single-mindedly contibuted more to bring peace and Christ-like service to this hostile world than any one single person has ever achieved that I have ever heard of. Yes, he's borderline crazy, and whacky out of balance and harmony with normal life, but he found his life mission and held nothing back. I loved the story which is more documentary than story, and I recommend it to anyone. Okay, maybe it is too obviously recruiting funds at the end, but hey, go for it I say.

No comments: