NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Monday, March 2, 2009

another great book

This book is very insirational and informative. It has taken me a lot longer to get through it than I wished, it doesn't read as easily as the children's books I am used to reading, but it gave me a lot of perspective on the man and our country. Sad in many ways and it sure made me appreciate the sacrifices that were made so we could live in a country where the Gospel of Jesus Christ could flourish. We also watched the DVD. Very intense.

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I haven't read the book, but I loved the movie!

Brooke G said...

wow. I just started reading that book yesterday.

I just finished another book by the same author called the Johnstown flood. It literally took me an agonizing 80 pages to get into it, but once I did, it was very interesting. So, when you say it was difficult to get into, I can imagine. How many pages should I suffer through until I can plan to "get into it?" B

Terri said...

Brooke, I downloaded it on my IPOD and listened to it while I was driving, walking outside, or crocheting. It is faster to read it, but while you listen you can do other things. I have the book water for elephants. I am not sure I would give it real high recommendations, but it was ok.