NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Monday, April 18, 2011

RIBBON FLOWERS ON A TEE


I needed a fast little gift for my granddaughter who will be an official teenager this week!  Another embellished tee-shirt is a fun little project and the girls love them.

Ribbon flowers are easy, just take about 9 or 10 inches of ribbon.  Cut and sew together.  I used my serger, but you can do it by hand too.  Sew a basting stitch along the outside edge and pull tight! 

I actually used a piece of material 3 inches wide and hemmed both sides so it wouldn't fray.


Sew to a piece of netting.  You don't want to sew to the shirt because it will ITCH on your skin!
Put a little square of stablizer on the back of the netting.  Now you are going to sew your button on the front

Sew the button on in the center through the netting and stableizer.

Place the netting in place on the Tee-Shirt and secure with pins
Sew with an ELASTIC STITCH close to the flowers, gently lifting them as you sew


I used a pink stitch to hem so the flower wouldn't get lost. 

Now I am going to add the pink ribbon flowers to another project

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYLEE


Next - tutorial on how to make the skirt

3 comments:

the Eggett's said...

So cute mom, you are so creative!

Erin Spenc said...

This is so cool! I can't wait for the next tutorial.

Fisher Family said...

As always Terri it is so cute! You are very creative and very talented!