NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Saturday, January 16, 2010

GREAT MOVIE

WE LOVED THE MOVIE "INVICTUS"

HERE IS THE POEM:

INVICTUS
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley


We were wishing it was a little less about Rugby and more about Mandella himself, but we thought it was a very inspiring and uplifting movie. We also rented the movie "Hotel Rowanda" this month, so our education about Africa is improving.

We had dinner last week with our good friends who have been called as Mission President in Uganda, they will be on their way the end of June. They have just completed a 3-year mission in S. Africa. They left us that evening with their testimony of the Gospel and told us they will work till they go down,that they will loose themselves until there is nothing left of themselves to give. We were so inspired by them. My what difficult challenges people choose to do and look at all the good they do in the world!

3 comments:

MissKris said...

I want to see Invictus too! Oh- and if you are interested in the Hotel Rwanda story, the main guy came and spoke to BYU had a forum or devotional once and it was REALLY interesting. You can probably find it written out online. Just in case you want a few minutes of really good reading :)

Joy For Your Journey said...

We enjoyed that movie very much. I just wish they didn't have to add really bad language into it. So dumb. How intersting about your friends. How long will they serve? I only ask because we have friends called to Africa and they only served for two years because the living conditions were so difficult. I wondered if it is the same for your friends.

Fisher Family said...

We have seen both those movies and they are good. Good luck to your friends heading to Africa. We had some investigators to dinner yesterday who are originaly from South Africa. We couldn't blieve all the stories they told us about Africa.