NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SEWING DAY

Amber brought the babies from Denver and stayed for a few days. I made these little skirts out of scraps, but as you can see they are not the way cute scraps, they are just what I had on hand. Carien had made this pattern for her girls, and Brooke made one for Alyssa, so I thought I would try the pattern too. CUTE, but these girls are cute no matter what. Hallie knows just how to pose when you say "Cheese".
Addy has been wanting to have me teach her to sew for a long time. We got her project done, a book bag for school. Addy designed this book bag herself and picked out the material which you can't see very well, but it's cute, dragon flies.
(Sorry we will have to post Kayla and Mylee's projects later when we are done.)









Wow, amazing that this is the first time in my life I got my Christmas quilt done in the summer. This wasn't an old project either, I really concentrated and pushed myself to finish a project start to finish in one week. YEAH!





















Erin made her little super-hero his dream quilt. We were able to find most of the super-hero material, but some of it we had to buy on Ebay because it is hard to find. I have to hurry and quilt it before he starts sleeping in his "big-boy" bed too!












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should come visit you so I can have a fun project to sew!

the Eggett's said...

Good job Mom! Addy's bag is so cute!

Erin Spenc said...

:) I am proud of you for starting a quilt and finishing in one week.

Cairen said...

It looks like you guys have been doing a lot of fun sewing! I wish I could be there for all those sewing days! Your Christmas quilt is SO cute, that is so awesome that you finished it in one week! Can't wait to see everyone in a couple months!

Joy For Your Journey said...

You are so amazing! And to think I am your sister and got a D in home ec for the sewing unit!

Fisher Family said...

You would never know those skirts were made from scraps! They are just darling! The quilts are beautiful, I can't believe you could finish one in a week! How fun to have a sewing day with your kids and grandkids. What a wonderful talent to pass on to them!

MissKris said...

You are such a good seamstress! One day Angela and I will have to bribe you into teaching us how to make a purse or something :)
If you have any bribing suggestions, feel free to let me know... :)

Gatten Gang said...

I love all your sewing projects..you are certainly a go go granny! How fun for all the kids to have so many wonderful things made by their grandmother. J