NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I FEEL BETTER NOW

I had my gall bladder out November 19th. ...After 20 years of pain, I sure feel better now.
I am still trying to figure out if I am going to miss it.....hummm - It's the green thing in this picture. I can't believe such a little tiny thing can cause so much pain. Well it isn't there anymore.
The worst thing about the surgery was that they gave me too much medication, I slept 3 days, and then I had a massive hangover with the worst headache of my life. I could hear my heart beating in my head and it felt like someone hitting my head with a hammer. (I wonder if that is what drunks feel like?)
My sweet sister Ruth brought me a yummy dinner the day I got home from the surgery. It was really a good day!
Look at these lovely flowers the office sent me after my surgery - they made sure it was all purple. How cute!
7 days later I got a bad reacation to the steri tape - I broke out with hives on my incisions and it spread all over my stomach, and everywhere. OUCH! you know how you want to scratch your skin off and you can't so you go crazy?
Well, I am enjoying not being sick everytime I eat.


5 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Terri I'm glad you are feeling better! Annie had hers out last year and it sure made a difference for her.

Gatten Gang said...

Glad to hear you'er on the mend. Now, you can enjoy the holidays. Have a wonderful merry Christmas.

Brooke G said...

Thanks for all you do, mom. SOrry we didn't take better care of you when you were sick!!!

I am glad you finally got it out, though. I hope the pain stops.

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm so glad to have discovered your blog! Cyberspace is where I hang out with friends nowadays.

I had a miserable experience with gall bladder surgery a couple of years ago. They made me have a tube down my nose to drain my bile for 4 days--no water, no food, just drip and drain through tubes. But I made a fast recovery and the pain is gone totally. I can't eat watermelon, too many cherries, or onions I've discovered (it's different for everyone) but I'm better than before!

I'm going to love catching up on your family by reading your blog. Visit Marty at: www.travelinoma.blogspot.com and Dee at: www.heritageassociates.blogspot.com I do most of my socializing after midnight so it's convenient that nobody has to actually participate in real time!

Merry Christmas!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Terri, I am so glad you are feeling better. I knew you had the surgery, I did not know you had so many complications afterwards. I am glad you are now feeling better. I loved the purple flowers! And I am sorry I don't live by you so I could have brought dinner too. You are so blessed to be by Ruth.
Lori