NOW WE'RE 46! New babies not pictured; Dash, Rocky, Gemma, Rose, and Telly

ROCK AND TERRI FAMILY BLOG

Friday, July 18, 2008

PINS DRILLED IN SMITH'S LEG TO HOLD IT


This contraption doesn't have a pet name yet, but has a home in Smith's leg. I guess the Dr. had so much fun in shop class as a kid he decided to make a career out of building machines that you drill into peoples bones.
Okay the yuk factor is not nearly as bad as the pain he is feeling, but this should stay on for about 6 weeks.
His next of several surgeries will be in a few weeks, but the unamed contraption - (I guess we could temporarily call it "Helga") isn't going anywhere. This next surgery will be the beginning of trying to get his ligaments and tendons connected again.
What we can't see in this picture is the incision behind his knee where they connected the top of his artery to the bottom of his artery. Great thing because his foot likes the blood supply. The vascular surgeon did a great job.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor Smith, this looks like it would be awful. I hope his recovery goes well!

Aleena said...

Oh my! I am so sorry for him. I hope things are getting better, we are praying for him.

Travelin'Oma said...

This looks awful for Smith and all of you watching his pain. I hope he gets well quickly. I saw your blog on Tom and Julie's and thought it would be fun to reconnect and find out what has happened to all your kids, as well as you guys. I'll be reading!